With less than a month until Christmas, it’s natural to feel a little overwhelmed. This anxiety is compounded this year by Melbourians being fresh out of lockdown.
Suddenly family and friends are back on the must see list, along with all of the usual work and home commitments.
Adjusting to this change of pace (not to mention the traffic) has left many of my clients feeling absolutely exhausted.
Scheduling flights to fly interstate to see family adds another layer of complexity to the mix, when Australian borders outside of Victoria have been rigid for so long.
Now amid the rush to prepare for hosting Christmas lunch or simply buying presents, we are thrust into a very stressful period.
So what can be done to enjoy Christmas this year and have energy to burn:
- Be realistic about what you have time to get done. It’s very easy to run yourself raggard by wanting everything to be perfect. (The reality is that you family will love you regardless of whether our house is pristine, remember it’s your home not a display home!)
- Be kind to yourself. Delegate responsibilites to others and don’t be afraid of asking for help, everyone wants to pitch in and contribute their favorite dish, etc.
- Do as much preparation the day before or early on the day so you have time to relax with a cuppa and some nibbles before the guests arrive. After all, you deserve a little time to enjoy the serenity as you will be flat strap entertaining throughout much of the day and taking a short break for yourself can do wonder for frayed nerves.
- Once the dessert is out of the way, let the guests help you with cleaning up the dishes, they’re dying to help! (Seriously anyone who hasn’t had to cook or host Christmas is so grateful they can just come and enjoy that they are more than happy to be given a job to do.)
- And finally clock off for the afternoon. Set up a self serve afternoon tea station so guests can make their own cuppas and move as far away from the kitchen as possible. (Your guests want you to enjoy yourself and they want to talk to you too. So make yourself available and someone will happily bring you anything you desire.
Often we feel anxious and overwhelmed because we feel like we are being taken for granted. By being a ‘team leader’ you can get everyone involved in the Christmas day festivities and take some of the pressure off.
When all else fails nutrients & natural medicine can help immensly to help calm your nerves and give you a spring in your step.
If you feel that you need help preparing for Christmas we have a special offer for our female clients in Melbourne’s western suburbs. Book an initial Naturopathic or Nutrition consultation for just $99 (normally $130) to get the help you need to thrive this festive season.
GWN services the entire western suburban corridor from Caroline Springs to Keilor, Cairnlea to Derrimut, Sunshine to Yarraville and everywhere inbetween!
To book visit the Contact Us page of gettingwellnaturally.com.au