MEN’S HEALTH & THE MALE MENOPAUSE QUESTIONNAIRE
Many men over the age of 40 are experiencing Andropause or male menopause.
As there is little media coverage male menopause, there is a huge lack of awareness of this condition within the community. This results in men being unfairly labelled as having a mid-life crisis, when in fact their hormonal levels are simply declining.
The symptoms of male menopause include: loss of drive and increased fatigue, memory problems, erectile dysfunction/impotence, weight gain, loss of muscle tone and strength, depression, anxiety and cardiovascular and bone density problems to name a few.
THREE STEPS TO BEAT ANDROPAUSE (Male Menopause)
- Answer the questionnaire.
- Check your testosterone levels via our take home kit.
- Book an appointment to get the nutrients and advice you need.
Answer the questionnaire below to see if you are affected:
- Are you a male 40 years of age or older?
- Do you experience memory loss?
- Do you experience mood changes?
- Do you feel depressed (ie. withdrawn, lonely, sad and do the things that once gave you pleasure no longer do so)?
- Have you experienced a loss of libido and/or erectile dysfunction?
- Have you gained weight and lost muscle tone and strength?
- Have you lost your motivation and drive?
- Do you experience fatigue?
If you answered Yes to questions above you are most likely suffering from Andropause – Male Menopause. These symptoms are caused by a decline in Testosterone and other androgens (hormones) which commonly occurs after 40.
If you would like to have your Testosterone levels tested a take home salivary test can be sent to you and your Testosterone levels will be analysed for ‘free bioavailable testosterone’ by the laboratory.
In the past only total testosterone was tested and this is not recommended as it only reports on the amount of testosterone which is bound to SHBG but is not available for use in the body. Hence, traditionally prescribed total testosterone blood tests which are quick and easy to process, are not indicative of the real bioavailable testosterone in the body.
Thus, to get a very non-invasive and accurate result contact us today to order a Salivary Test for Free Testosterone.
The results are usually available within 2 weeks and this can be followed up by a consultation to determine which nutrients and herbal medicines to prescribe. Diet and lifestyle changes may also be recommended to enhance your overall health and wellbeing.
Phone 0409 352 478 for an appointment today.